Customer Care Guide
- The Support Advantage
- Customer Support Policy
- AtTask Holidays (U.S.)
- Resolution Process
- Before Contacting Customer Support
- Contacting Customer Support
- Dedicated Support Representative
- Priority Levels
- Internally Supporting your AtTask Product
- Software Requirements
- Product Maintenance & Release Policy
- Release Notes
- Release Communication Policy
- Product Retirement Policy
- Support Package Re-Activation
Welcome to AtTask Customer Support. This guide contains all of the information you will need when interfacing with the AtTask Customer Support department for a successful implementation and on-going support of AtTask. Customer Support Representatives are trained specialists available to help each client get all the benefits out of their AtTask solution. You can also access Customer Support through the online AtTask Community Portal that is available 24x7. There you can find answers to common questions along with our help desk system and product updates.
Your success is our success. We strive to make issue handling as smooth and transparent as possible. That is why we have chosen to use AtTask Help Desk for our request tracking system. All calls to the Customer Support line and requests opened on the help desk will be trackable in the same interface and system. This ensures visibility into all requests logged with Customer Support. You will also be able to see immediate status updates and any other information available on your requests.
In order to allow you to easily gain the support you need, we have put together this Customer Care Guide. We ask that you read it and keep it available as reference as you work with our Customer Support department to get your issues resolved in a timely manner.
Congratulations on purchasing the best work management solution!
Our mission is to facilitate the ability for all knowledge workers to focus on those activities that make them and their company more effective, innovative, and competitive.
We accomplish this by delivering world-class support services that provide a transparent and timely resolution to each opened request.
The Support Advantage
Every support plan from AtTask includes 24x7 access to the AtTask Community Portal. This allows you easy access to Customer Support as well as an entire Learning Center full of training content and helpful hints.
Silver, Gold and Platinum Support Packages also include phone support. Customer Support Representatives are available to answer questions you have regarding product issues and ensure your implementation is running as smooth as possible.
Customer Support Policy
AtTask Customer Support is available to all clients with an active support agreement. The services performed are commensurate with the purchased services as outlined in the Customer Support Offerings section of this guide. Requests will be prioritized and addressed according to the policies set forth in this guide. All new requests must be opened according to the policies in the Contacting Customer Support section of this guide. Each request will receive a Request Reference Number. All request documentation will be tracked by this number. Please refer to this number when contacting Customer Support about an existing request.
AtTask Holidays (U.S.)
AtTask Customer Support observes the following U.S. holidays:
- New Years Day
- Presidents Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
Request Resolution Process
Each request opened with AtTask Customer Support will follow a consistent resolution process including the following statuses:
- New: The request has been opened and received in the AtTask Help Desk. It has not yet been assigned to a Customer Support Representative.
- In Progress: The request has been assigned to a Customer Support Representative. A resolution is currently under investigation. This status is also used after a customer has supplied more information at the request of a Customer Support Representative.
- Awaiting Feedback: The request is awaiting feedback from the end user. This could be a result of more information added by the Customer Support Representative or a request for more information. It's also possible that a potential fix was proposed to the end user.
- On Hold: The request is undergoing evaluation by the AtTask Product Team. This usually indicates an investigation into how this request best fits into the AtTask Product Roadmap.
- In Development: The request has been verified as a defect by the Customer Support department and escalated to the Development department. The best course of action will be determined and a fix created within the product during this stage.
- Awaiting QA Verification: The request has been fixed by a developer and is awaiting the QA department for verification of the fix.
- Awaiting Certification: Before any AtTask update the entire set of defects being released undergo a "certification" process. This process involves testing all of the fixed code together through a full test suite.
- Awaiting Deployment: Once a release is certified it is pending deployment to the production servers.
- Deployed: The request has been deployed to the production servers.
- Closed: The request was either resolved without required a code change or a suitable work-around was found and made available.
Before Contacting Customer Support
In order to receive the quickest resolution to your request, we ask that you follow these steps prior to contacting Customer Support.
- Search the Community Portal for a resolution. Many issues have been discussed before and a resolution may already be available.
- Try a different browser. Some issues are specific to certain web browsers. Trying a different browser may result in a temporary work around. AtTask currently supports the following browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome & Safari.
- If you host your own on-premise installation contact your IT resource to restart the AtTask server. If that does not resolve the issue ask them to restart the AtTask database.
- Contact your companies assigned AtTask Champion. Each company should have an assigned Champion to assist with all AtTask training and support. They may already know of a resolution.
If the problem still persists, please contact Customer Support.
Contacting Customer Support
We strive to make contacting Customer Support as simple as possible. All customers can contact us by entering a request on the online help desk, and customers with a purchased support plan can call us at 866-441-0001 option 2.
An AtTask Customer Support Representative will open your request with the supplied information. Each request opened over the phone will also be accessible through the help desk. This ensures consistency when checking the status or supplying additional information for each request you have opened.
For details about entering a request online, visit the Help Desk Guide.
Here are a few examples of support requests that are included within a Support Plan:
- The AtTask software does not perform substantially in accordance with the current documentation.
- The End User is unable to make the AtTask software perform substantially in accordance with the then current documentation.
- The End User is unable to gain access to the AtTask software.
- The AtTask software does not appear to be operational.
Examples of support requests that are NOT included within a Support Plan include (but not limited to):
- Issues arising from the completeness, accuracy or quality of data.
- Issues arising from incomplete training of the AtTask software.
- Changes to the physical environment including relocations of facilities.
- Customer or third party changes to the infrastructure (hardware or software), including upgrades or new versions that are not within the AtTask Qualification Framework thereof.
- Changes to the AtTask system that would normally relate to implementation activities, such as modifications to business rules, set-up, or configuration.
Dedicated Support Representative
Platinum Support Plan contacts will be made available at the time of the agreement purchase.
Each issue opened with Customer Support is given a priority. This priority may change as the issue goes through the Resolution Process. The priority criteria are as follows:
- Critical: AtTask in production environment is not available or critically affected and no acceptable workaround or alternative solution is available.
- High: AtTask in production is seriously affected; implementation project is unable to continue; no acceptable workaround or alternative solution is available.
- Medium: AtTask application is restricted but operational; no acceptable workaround or alternative solution is available to the restriction.
- Low: AtTask application is generally unaffected; request for information, enhancement or product clarification; change to documentation; an acceptable workaround or alternative solution is either available or not required.
- Enhancements: Product enhancements need to be logged with the AtTask Product Management team. Please log enhancement requests on the Research Community page.
Internally Supporting your AtTask Product
In order to more successfully implement AtTask in your organization, we recommend that you establish the following roles:
AtTask Product Champion: This person is the main contact with AtTask Professional Services & Support. They typically function as a product manager and are in charge of the internal implementation of AtTask. Issues that need to be reported to Customer Support should be reported through this person. This ensures a seamless integration with your organization and ours.
AtTask Technical Champion: This person is the main contact for AtTask technical issues. They typically function as an IT resource within your organization. For on-premise installations this person will work with the Installation Support Representative for your server configuration. It is recommended that the Product Champion contact the Technical Champion as recommended by the Before Contacting Customer Support section.
AtTask Billing Contact: In large implementations it is recommended that you establish a billing contact that can work directly with your AtTask Account Representative on product licensing and Professional Service & Support agreements. In smaller implementations this role may be filled by the AtTask Product Champion.
It is recommended that the Product Champion and the Technical Champion implement an internal process for making the online training materials available to all AtTask users within your organization. An established process for reporting issues to the Product Champion is also recommended.
AtTask requires the use of some basic software components. The supported versions of those components are as follows:
Web Browser: Latest versions and previous version of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.
Adobe Flash Plugin: Version 10.1 or greater.
Java Plugin: Version 1.6.7 or greater.
On-premise server requirements can be found in the installation guide from the Download Center.
Product Maintenance & Release Policy
AtTask delivers two types of product releases: Major and Patch. Each type is described below.
A major release includes all bug fixes released through patch releases since the last major release as well as new features and functionality. A major release is scheduled twice a year. Due to the nature of software development, dates for each release are not set in advance.
Major releases are identified by a Release Name and Number. One example of a Release Name is "December Update" and the corresponding number is "R12".
A patch release contains bug fixes as reported by AtTask clients and the internal Quality Assurance team. Patch releases are scheduled for delivery every two weeks. On-demand clients receive these updates on Saturday during the maintenance window of 8:00 pm - 12:00 am Mountain Time. No installation or configuration is required for on-demand clients. The installers for each patch release are made available the following week. The installers can be obtained from the Download Center.
Patch releases are identified by a build number. One example of the patch release build is "612-22509".
With each release (Major and Patch) release notes are published to the AtTask Release Notes Blog site. These release notes include an overview of all bugs fixed and any features added with this new release. The release notes can be accessed at http://updates.attask.com.
Release Communication Policy
Major Feature Releases
- AtTask will provide a Release Preview featuring a high-level description of new features. Specific deliverables are subject to change.
3 Months prior to release
- Initial set of functionalities will be deployed to sandboxes. (Set is determined by product management and development and proposed components may include incomplete features)
- Iteration of functionality available only to On-Demand Early Access users. Release is not executed in phases.
- Release updates and scope communicated via email, blog and online.
2 Months prior to release
- Subsequent set of functionalities deployed to sandbox (set is determined by product management and development and
proposed components may include incomplete features)
- Subsequent iteration of functionality available only to On-Demand Early Access users. Release is not executed in phases.
- Release updates and scope communicated via email, blog and online.
1 Month prior to release
- Release notes issued outlining actual features.
- Final features deployed to Sandboxes.
- Final features available in On-Demand for Early Access users.
Features will be released/enabled in On-Demand on the release date.
Non-critical issues will be deployed to the sandboxes at least 48 hours prior to deployment to On-Demand and notification will be provided through the support blog giving users details on resolved issues.
Critical Issues may be deployed directly to On-Demand without lead-time in the Sandbox environments. Communication will be provided through the Product Update Blog at http://updates.attask.com, or email.
Minor Feature Releases
Defined as small enhancements that do not change the workflow process and are sufficiently intuitive so as not to require training.
These will be treated similarly to non-critical issues and communicated through Product Update Blog at http://updates.attask.com or email.
Product Retirement Policy
This is a SaaS product and therefore is updated with proper notification via our website and community portals. All customers are on the same current version and do not have an option to be on a previous version.
On-premise customers with a critical issue may receive a patch fix for up to 1 major release prior to the current. This fix may be delivered privately to the customer and not made publicly available.
Support Plan Re-Activation
Customers that decide not to renew their support plan will lose access to the items included in that package. To re-activate your package, please contact your Account Representative.